Recipes

Saturday, March 13, 2010

And In the Beginning...

..there was one.  One perfect meal.  One perfect dish.  One perfect compliment to an already delicious dish.  And it all started with food and knowledge.  I have taught myself so much about food through books, tv shows, and most importantly, trial and error. 

I love to cook.  That's the bottom line for me.  I rarely get frustrated by the need to cook and often look for reasons to cook.  It's so much more than a creative, healthy meal for me, it's art for the senses.  Is there anything better than roaming through produce and smelling that aromatic cilantro?  Or feeling your way to the pefectly ripened avocado?  For me, there is nothing better.  The search for ingredients is just as much fun as the cooking itself.  Have you ever gone into the produce section not having a clue what you're going to make for dinner and stumbled across the most fantastic looking bunch of rosemary?  And then planned a meal around that one ingredient?  I have.  I do.  Often.

I've created this blog in the internet world of many, for my friends, my family and myself.  I'll post the delicious meals I make for my family and if from time to time, some of my favorite recipes, photos, and kitchen tips.  Cooking should be enjoyed - from start to finish.  Let the cooking begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment